Per Pennsylvania state mandate, customers are required to wear masks when entering a store. If you don't have a mask please make one of the following arrangements:
- for same day pick up, call in your order and we'll set it out for you. The telephone number at our Lawrenceville store is 412-586-5050
- pre-order via our website for contact-free pick-up or delivery
- order for on-demand delivery via Postmates or grubHub
While our Downtown location will remain closed until further notice, our Lawrenceville store is OPEN 7am-5pm weekdays & 9am-5pm weekends.
In order to better serve our community during this time, contact-free delivery options have been expanded to a 25 mile radius of our Lawrenceville store. You can now pre-order via our website for delivery during a specified window.
Extra health and sanitation measures have been implemented in our juice production and retail locations to ensure the safety of our customers and employees.
March 15th, 2020
Dear customers and friends,
As we tread together into unknown territory, at the beginning of what has been named a Pandemic, The Pittsburgh Juice Company (PJC) remains steadfast to our goal of being a reliable provider of pure and organic nourishment to our communities. We are prepared to do what is best, in light of our local situation, and currently we are confident that it is best to remain open and available to you as much as we possibly can.
While our regular operating hours will not be impacted, please remain assured that we are ramping up our already thorough sanitation protocol by frequently sanitizing all customer facing surfaces, removing our self-serve eco-ware stations (just ask us if you'd like a fork, spoon, napkin or straw) and, of course, being extra diligent in our own health and hygiene protocol behind the counter.
There is some relief in all this chaos.
- As purveyors, manufacturers and retailers of fresh product, at PJC we have always taken our own health and sanitation policies very seriously. Our processes, procedures and documentation practices have become even more thorough over the past few months with the development of our wholesale line (coming soon!). Our facilities now comply with stringent protocol set forth by the Allegheny County Health Department and the Department of Agriculture, in addition to private auditors and consultants.
- COVID-19 is not known to be foodborne nor food transmitted. The USDA reports that there have been no cases of COVID-19 that have been proven to be transmitted through food or packaging.
- By design, our retail stores are grab and go and equipped with minimal staff, which should work to all our benefit as we all strive to go about our lives in compliance with social distancing protocol. With that said, please keep in mind that we do deliver via Postmates and GrubHub (which actually has a "contact-less delivery" option available at check out). As always, you are welcome to pre-order via our website for pickup at our stores. These pickups are an even faster and easier way to get in and out of PJC with everything you want prepared specifically for you in advance.
We will maintain a regular schedule at our stores for the foreseeable future, with a careful eye on local government ordinances, our own ability to maintain a healthy staff that can safely serve you, as well as any dramatic shift in the supply or demand of our ingredients or products.
You can check back here at any time via the banner at the top of our website for PJC specific updates as the local and global situation continues to develop.
All the best in health and wellness to you and your loved ones.
Naomi & the PJC Team